December 24, 2018

Christmas Can Be Stressful


"Oh, excuse me! Sorry, miss, I expecting Santa." The young elf didn't recognize the scantily-clad woman in Santa's study, but then again, it was his first Christmas at the North Pole. "I needed to deliver a message from Mrs. Claus, and, um... sorry, where is Santa?"

"I'm-- er, he's, well... never mind that. He'll probably be back any time. I'm sure you're busy and I know he was expecting Mrs. Claus, so maybe I can pass along her message?"

"Of course... She said she was tied up in the bakery and couldn't make it to their normal 'reindeer games'. Then she said Santa might find a candy cane relaxing, but she didn't send me with anything..."

The woman nodded thoughtfully. "Yes... Santa gets awfully stressed this time of year, and he and Mrs. Claus have come up with all sorts of... creative ways to deal with that. You know, I'm feeling a little stressed myself. Maybe if I dig around, I'll find something to suck on, even if it's not a candy cane..."

No comments:

Post a Comment